Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, maja blanca. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Maja Blanca is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Maja Blanca is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook maja blanca using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Maja Blanca:
- Prepare 1/2 cup Cornflour
- Make ready 1 1/2 cups Coconut milk
- Take 4-5 tbsp Sugar
- Make ready 1/2 cup Grated coconut fresh or dessicated coconut powder
- Get 1 cup Sweet corn kernels
Steps to make Maja Blanca:
- Mix coconut milk, sugar and cornflour until lump free. Stir it continuously on a medium flame at first and as it starts thickening, lower the flame.
- After it thickens up a little, stir in the sweet corn kernels. This is purely optional. I have added for flavour and creaminess. The combination is heavenly.
- Mix well and keep stirring until it becomes thick and starts leaving the sides of the pan. Grease a rectangular serving dish and empty the cornflour mix into it.
- Let it cool down a bit before refrigerating it. Cover it and keep refrigerated for nearly 2 to 3 hours. Toast the grated coconut or the coconut powder slightly and sprinkle it generously on the dessert before serving. Slice it and enjoy it chilled.
- Maja Blanca is a Filipino American dessert made in every home on important occasions like New Year's Eve, Christmas, Potluck's, Thanksgiving etc. The consistency is usually thick, creamy and is milky white in colour. The name has a rich historical background having originated from Spain when Philippines was under Spanish rule and adapted from the famous Spanish holiday called as Major Blanco, which actually means white delicacy. Happy Dessert Time Folks!
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food maja blanca recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!