Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, ultimate carrot cake. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Delia's The Ultimate Carrot Cake recipe. Well, it has to be said. There have been many versions over the years, but this is the ultimate and it's great for a birthday or any other celebration.
Ultimate carrot cake is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look fantastic. Ultimate carrot cake is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook ultimate carrot cake using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Ultimate carrot cake:
- Take 155 ml sunflower oil, plus extra for greasing
- Take 230 g self-raising flour
- Prepare 1 tsp baking powder
- Get 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Make ready 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- Take 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Prepare 230 g light brown muscovado sugar
- Get Finely grated zest of 1 satsuma or mandarin, plus strips to decorate
- Take 100 g walnuts chopped
- Get 300 g carrots, coarsely grated
- Take 3 medium free-range eggs, beaten
- Get for the icing:
- Get 50 g butter, softened
- Get 200 g full-fat cream cheese, we recommend Philadelphia
- Prepare 100 g icing sugar, plus extra to dust
- Take Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- Make ready For the orange peel glaze:
- Take 2 oranges
- Prepare 200 ml water
- Take 200 g caster sugar
Ultimate Carrot Cake: This is a moistened very flavorful carrot cake, with a creamy lemon frosting, this carrot cake recipe is perfect classic favorite for a crowd and you might not have any leftovers to bring. This carrot cake recipe is a winner and I have had it saved for years. Yo's ultimate carrot cake recipe is delicious every time. I didnt always love carrot cake.
Instructions to make Ultimate carrot cake:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Grease an 18cm loose-bottomed round cake tin and line the base with baking paper. Sift the flour, baking powder and spices into a large bowl. Add the sugar, zest, pecans and grated carrots, then stir until well combined. Stir in the beaten eggs and oil, then mix well.
- Pour into the prepared cake tin and bake in the oven for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean. Transfer to a cooling rack, leave in the tin for 5 minutes, then turn out and leave to cool completely before icing.
- For the icing, beat the butter in a large bowl with a hand mixer until really soft. Add the cream cheese and beat again until well mixed. Sift over the icing sugar, add the orange zest, then beat until smooth. Store, covered, in the fridge until needed.
- For the orange peel, carefully pare the zest from the orange (a tool like this would be helpful). Put the water and sugar in a saucepan and heat until the sugar has dissolved. Add the orange zest and remove from the heat. Let the zest sit in the sugar syrup until it has completely cooled.
- Carefully cut the cake in half (watch our cheat’s how-to video here) then spread half the icing between the cake layers and the other half on top. Decorate with the orange zest strips.
I guess when I was a child, the idea of vegetables in my cake seemed absurd. Tender carrot cake full of cozy spices & topped with sweet cream cheese frosting. After lots of testing, I finally have the perfect one: this Ultimate Healthy Carrot Cake! This Carrot Cake is hands down the best, most amazing, ultimate carrot cake. Yes, I know, I am biased.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food ultimate carrot cake recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!